Saturday, July 21, 2007

San Francisco

It's been a while since we put anything up. Sorry about that, work has been crazy the past few weeks. Joanie had to go to San Jose, California last weekend to meet with our web design company. We decided to take advantage of the situation (and one free airline ticket) to spend the weekend in San Francisco.

From the time I got off the plane until we checked in to the hotel I felt clammy (like I needed a shower) and I couldn't figure out why. Then it hit me, humidity. We have none in Boise, it hasn't rained since our camping trip in early June. It was such a strange feeling, how did I survive those Maryland summers?

Pam put us back in touch with her brother David who we haven't seen since 2000. It was his birthday weekend so he was staying with friends in the city. David let us borrow his car on Saturday morning to drive across the Golden Gate Bridge and do a driving tour (thanks to Brindsi for the detailed tour route) of the area. Normally when you borrow a car from someone you get a Civic or a Camry. Not this time.

That is a 2007 Porsche Cayman S. Go David!! This is the most expesnive car I've ever gotten to drive. While we were at the gas station, a woman came up to me and said "I hope you drive that like it deserves to be driven." My answer to her was "It's not mine and I'm terrified that I'm going to hurt it." Joanie said I was channeling Philip the whole time and driving scared. That may have been the case but what else to do when someone gives you a $60k+ automobile to drive in Bay Area traffic.

I'm going to break up the posts from this trip so that Joanie and I can take turns working through the pictures.

2 comments:

Mister John said...

I'll be sure to book my next SF rental car through David too...

T said...

I do hope there's an entire posting on the merits of the car; complete with pictures of the engine.