Tuesday, November 27, 2007

1st Day on the Mountain

The first day this year was actually pretty weak. While there is plenty of snow in the Sawtooth Mountains the resorts don't have much yet.

I was actually going to skip driving all the way to Tamarack (100 miles north) since only the bunny hill was open but my co-worker Jesus convinced it was better than watching TV all day.



Jesus is still learning (what do you expect from someone from LA) and spent a lot of his day in the snow. As you can see there isn't much snow on the ground.


I spent some time on the board and on the telemarks. I remember how to alpine on the skis but the tele-turn eluded me all day. All I remember is Sol saying weight on the toes, weight on the toes. I didn't want to practice the wrong way so I did mostly alpine on them.


Overall it was a nice to be outside, there was a great sunset on the mountains. It snowed Monday night so hopefully the mountains can fully open soon.




No comments: