Saturday, December 8, 2007

Another Day, Another Mountain

I took a personal health day on Thursday and got my third day in. We went to Brundage which is north of McCall. They claim to have the most snow in Idaho, 300-500 inches a year.

I'm learning some new things. Being a pretty good East Coast snowboarder doesn't translate for much out here. Everybody I ride with is faster, and smoother than me. Of course they also ride 20-30 times a season versus my 7-11 days.

I'm having a lot of trouble in the powdery stuff, I keep planting the nose of the board and flipping over the front. I need to move my bindings back I think and try to keep more weight on the back of the board.

While off trail a bit I ended up in a gully. That was no fun. It took 30 minutes to find my way down with a hundred yard walk through waist deep snow. The lesson learned is don't miss the exit.


View Larger Map

No comments: