Monday, June 8, 2009

Boise to Salt Lake City

We are breaking the drive from Boise to Denver into several more manageable chunks for Simon. After the truck left we walked through one more time and left for Salt Lake. On I-84 a few hours outside of Boise is the Malad Gorge. We have driven over a dozen times and never stopped but Simon needed to eat so we made a detour. The gorge is 2.5 miles long and 250 feet deep. It had a pretty impressive flow.


There was also a waterfall leading into the gorge further down the canyon.


Walking back from the vantage point I came across the cutest little cottontail. I couldn't get him to turn his tail to me but I still liked him.



These are the little things that I am going to miss about the West. There are amazing natural phenomenon around every corner.

No comments: