Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hanging the TV

The goal was fairly simple. I wanted to hang the TV over the fireplace. I consulted with Dad, Nick, other Dad and we all decided that this wasn't going to be much fun.

After staring at for a while I decided to call Chris. This needed an engineer's fearlessness.

Chris and Nick came over on Saturday and the decision was made to reinforce the studs by adding some additional framing. That meant that a 55 x24 inch hole had to be cut in the drywall.



This hole was later enlarged so that the framing gun could fit. (I cut the crooked top)


We took the opportunity to run some speaker wires and hdmi cables for the tv.


The wall was reinforced and a new piece of drywall hung. Joanie is sanding and repainting. We hope to actually hang the tv next weekend and get our living room back.

3 comments:

Mister John said...

I guess my observations about the wallboard -moving-in-and-out- at that spot don't count as "consultation" on the project.

"I told you so!"

Unknown said...

so wait you ran wires instead of putting in smuf tube?

Keswickian said...

So we still have our Chris constructed drywall hole, Joanie, want to come over and fix ours?