Friday, May 28, 2010

It's Official!

Simon says Momma, with meaning! Well, he's said it at least once anyway.

He's been saying Momma for a few days now, but not in a good way. I do think he knows what it means, but he's only been saying it when he's whining at me, as in, "momma, momma, momma" with arms outstretched for whatever I've just taken away from him, which he shouldn't have had in the first place. He's even learned to add a little emphasis by throwing down his arms or banging his head on the floor, if he's really mad.

But today, at the end of his nap, he awoke cheerfully and I heard a small stir on the monitor followed by, "momma?" Just one. With the lilt of a question. Just makes the heart melt, I tell ya.

3 comments:

Beth said...

It'll melt your heart until they say it non-stop and you want to change your name to "Fred." lol.

I miss you guys. Hope you're getting settled in WA.

BTW, can you tell me the name of those organic shoes we talked about? I know one brand was Robeez, but what's the other?

Love you all!

Auntie B.

Pam said...

This is just to make up for all the trouble he'll be getting into as he walks.

Jana G said...

That rocks! Don't sweat the anger thing - he'll be plenty mad at you through the years, but he'll also give you plenty of love to balance it all out.