Monday, June 13, 2011

You talkin ta me!?!


Much like his decision to walk, where we knew Simon could walk but he wouldn't do it until he was ready, Simon has finally decided to talk.

We spent months counting words and the tally of known words was impressive, but rarely would he string any together. Until recently. And now he's talking in three to six word sentences and making his preferences KNOWN.

His favorite phrases right now are, "I don't like xxxxxx" and "I want some xxxxxx too." Here's a typical conversation from earlier today:

Mama: Simon, it's time for lunch.
Simon: I don't like lunch.
Mama: OK, would you like to have a snack??
Simon: I don't like snack.
Mama: Would you like some ham and cheese?
Simon: I don't like ham cheese.
Mama: How about some pretzels and humus?
Simon: I don't like pretzels. No humus. Ummmmm, no lunch.
Mama: Would you like some milk?
Simon: I don't like milk.
Mama: OK, well I'm going to have some lunch anyway.
Simon: (yelling) I WANT SOME LUNCH TOO.

And that's the abbreviated version. GAH! I love that he's talking but man he's driving me crazy!

PS. For the Grandparents out there.... he HAS had a haircut. We'll post new photos soon.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Why did you cut his hair? It looks so good in this picture?

Auntie Beth

gramps said...

Is that the famous British media mogul. Simon Scowl??
He's too cute you know...