Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Two Years


How is it time passes so quickly? One day you're a newborn girl being held by your big brother, and the next it's two years past his untimely death. It still doesn't seem real. Or at least not right. There are still so many regrets. So many things left unsaid.

The pain is easier now that time has passed, but there are still songs that will make me cry and sometimes I feel as if I'll never understand. But I think that's better than feeling nothing. Better than pretending everything is OK, and that nothing ever hurts.

Rest in peace John, I will always miss you.

4 comments:

gramps said...

Oh Joanie, leave it to you to have the right words and the right picture. I was working on the truck just yesterday and looked up and could swear I caught a glimsp of his face. It will get easier for all of us, but it will never be easy. Love you.
Dad

gramps said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beth said...

I still miss him too. He left us way to early, but knowing that we will see him again makes it bearable at best. He gave much to this world and had so much more to give.

Auntie B.

Keswickian said...

Thinking of you at this time. Big huge hugs.