Friday, April 27, 2007

Joanie's Pears



After months of waiting in anticipation (including a few days where the shipping company couldn't FIND our street), we finally received "Joanie's Pears" a commissioned painting from Robert Lange.

I hung it that afternoon.

It may not live where I had originally planned because the varnish is so high that there's a terrible glare (you'll note the picture was taken from the side -- but I included a shot of it in the living room, for context, Eileen will know what she's looking at!).

If you haven't heard of Robert Lange, check out his website at Robert Lange Studios. He was recently chosen as one of 2007's New American Painters, by the Open Studios Press. We found him in Charleston a few years ago and I've been dreaming of buying one of his paintings ever since...

3 comments:

Jody said...

I love the painting! It's fits in very well.

MsJoanie said...

Thanks!!!

Mister John said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got that painting of Bruce Willis hung up again! :snicker: