Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Two suitcases and an air mattress




Apparently I've never slept on an air mattress without my sleeping bag. You see, we normally use the air mattress when camping. That's right, camping. I never said I was an outdoors type... Anyway, what I discovered is that it's ridiculously cold sleeping on the air mattress in a house with no furniture and nothing more than an itchy wool blanket which barely covered the two of us. On night two, we went to the mall and bought a comforter.

Needless to say, when our furniture arrived following the third night, I was thrilled to make my bed as soon as possible. We had 290 boxes/pieces of furniture delivered. I don't really know if that's a lot or a little, but there was stuff everywhere! Boxes almost to the ceiling in some rooms. And although the movers did a great job of walking through, pretending to learn where to put everything, they still put boxes in the wrong rooms and everywhere that the furniture should go. Ah well.

No comments: