Wednesday, May 23, 2007

$683.52!!!!

While pulling into the Boise Co-Op we saw a spot right up front, however the car (old Saab 9000 convertible) next to it was parked crooked. It was completely within the lines but obviously this person didn't know how to park.

Joanie actually asked 'Are you sure you want to park here?' and I said yes. Not five minutes later while I am enjoying the beer and cheese tasting (it was a sampling of Belgian beers, I ended up buying some of the Gouden Carolus Triple) our license plate number was called over the loudspeaker. We instantly knew that the Saab hit my car. Joanie went outside to figure it out as there was no way I was going to be polite with the moron who hit me.

Fortunately the damage wasn't too bad as you can see in the photos. The father of the girl who hit us sent a check for the damage. Now I have to decide if its worth re-painting a fender for $683.52 when the whole car really needs to be painted.


6 comments:

Jana G said...

Is this where we're supposed to tell you to always listen to the wife? We somehow have a sixth sense about these things... Sorry about the car, it really does suck.

Mister John said...

DO NOT CASH THE CHECK.

Sorry about the car, Josh, but you need to either get the other car to pay for the actual repair or activate his/her insurance.

Unknown said...

It's OK. The $683 was the quote from our insurance company to repair the damage. I looked at it again today. I'm thinking PS3 instead.

T said...

I think that will totally buff out...

Mister John said...

Ethics turns its head back and sighs in disappointment... tsk tsk

Jody said...

Man that sucks!! Stupid people shouldn't be given liscences....