Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Bread

Joanie checked out a bread book from the library called 'Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day' I have the King Arthur Flour cookbook but I haven't gotten those to come out perfectly yet. This book's method uses a starter that lives in the fridge in a non-airtight container and you just pull off what you need and bake it. We went to the restaurant supply store to get this cool container. I feel so 'restauranty'.


The first loaf we tried was a boule, the crust was not super brown so I probably should have left it in longer. Oh well, I have three more loafs to make off the first batch of starter.


Also because I know everyone is really reading this to see Simon, here he is in his Easter outfit. I love the little feet.

5 comments:

Keswickian said...

Beautiful Boule! Beautiful Baby, the starter looks wonderful. Glad you had a good Easter.

Jana G said...

MMM. Bread. How I miss thee. Matzoh just is not the same. Love the bunny feet... did Simon?

Jody said...

That bread looks good to me! Did you guys try the No Knead Bread? It's yummy too!

Simon looks so cute in his footy PJs!

Pam said...

cute feet! cute baby. And I'm impressed by the baking. I hope that's a sign that things are going well!

Scojean said...

OK- bad grandma! I should have scrolled on down the page to see Simon in his Easter suite.... but I go so excited by the bath pics and him peeking out of his dino suit I just had to comment first. Love to you all. Nana